Women’s mental health: The global facts
• Depressive disorders account for close to 41.9% of the disability from neuropsychiatric disorders among women compared to 29.3% among men.
• Leading mental health problems of the older adults are depression, organic brain syndromes and dementias. A majority are women.
• An estimated 80% of 50 million people affected by violent conflicts, civil wars, disasters, and displacement are women and children.
• Lifetime prevalence rate of violence against women ranges from 16% to 50%.
• At least one in five women suffer rape or attempted rape in their lifetime.
There is a Need to Prioritise Women’s Mental Health
Collaboration Is Key