A visionary entrepreneur and an industry captain, Dr. Amit N. Thakker, has been a ground- breaking pioneer in the integration of private sector within the healthcare system in Africa. Dr Thakker actively supports governments, corporates, health organisations and development partners to foster effective public private partnership initiatives towards improved health outcomes.
He is the executive chairman of Africa Health Business, a health consultancy, advisory
and investment firm that aims to improve access to quality affordable healthcare in
Africa. He is also the president of Africa Healthcare Federation, chairperson of the Kenya Health Professionals Oversight Authority, and the former chairman of Kenya Healthcare Federation. He has served as a director at LumiraDx, Seven Seas Technology, AMREF Flying Doctors Action Aid, East African Health Platform and East African Business Council.
As an active member of several institutions including international business group YPO Gold (Nairobi Chapter), Dr. Thakker also chairs the University of Nairobi Alumni Medical Chapter and serves as an Advisor/Director to AAIC Investment PTE. Ltd, Coalition for Blood in Africa (CoBA), United Asian Network (UAN), Ghanima Ltd, KEPSA (Kenya Private Sector Alliance) and Ministry of Health, Kenya.
Dr. Thakker founded Avenue Healthcare, a Kenyan based integrated private health service provider in 1995 which lead him to receive the “Best Male Entreprenuer of the Year” award by Rotary International in 1999. He has served as the CEO for Amini Management Ltd, Africa Medical Investments plc, Momentum Kenya leading him to win “Best CEO” award by Titans Global in the Business and Professional services category in 2017 and proudly received the Chairman’s Award for Kenya Medical Association in 2004.
• eMBA from NIA- India
• Health Leadership training from George Washington University – USA
• Bachelor’s Degree in medicine and Surgery obtained at University of Nairobi-Kenya
Languages: English, Kiswahili, Gujarati and Hindi
Marloes Kibacha has more than 10 years’ experience in healthcare research, consultancy and advisory services in Africa. She has strong and extensive network in the wider African and East African (private) healthcare space in particular.
Marloes previously worked for the Kenya Healthcare Federation (Kenya) and the Investment Fund for Health in Africa (the Netherlands). Marloes has also worked with other organizations including: Palladium, Swedfund, WorldBank, PharmAccess Foundation, Sanofi, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Nairobi, UNFPA, Malteser International, IBM, BroadReach Healthcare, Abt. Associates and others. Marloes’ s area of expertise is in capacity building having provided overall oversight for projects such as the Grand Challenges Canada project where AHB was supporting innovators to build their internal capacity and strengthen their governance in order to transition to scale.
• Master’s in social sciences (Public Administration and Organizational Sciences)
• Bachelor of Science (Cultural Anthropology and Sociology of non-Western cultures) obtained at Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
• Certificate in Proficiency in (health) insurance obtained from the College of Insurance, Nairobi – Kenya.
Languages: Dutch, English, Kiswahili, German and French
A pharmaceutical professional with over 13 years experience in strategic planning, business development, team leadership, and management of key stakeholder relationships in health.Over the course of her career, Daniella has focused on quality management systems for the health supply chain, as well as organizational regulatory compliance.
Daniella is currently Head of External Affairs at Africa Health Business. Armed with a strong passion for equitable health for all, Daniella is now involved in policy recommendations and idea mobilization in the pharmaceutical sector, towards attainment of universal healthcare coverage.
• Moi University – Master of Science (M.Sc.), Public Health (Epidemiology) – ongoing
• University of Nairobi – Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
Languages: English and Kiswahili
Puja Tank is AHBs Head of Corporate Affairs reports directly to the Chairman and is the primary coordinator and liaison for external relations. She is a senior manager with 17+ years of experience managing marketing, new business, organizing events, operations, and financial functions She oversees responding to requests, collaborates on communications, business development and public relations activities and initiatives. Puja also handles planning and execution of all financial processes, administration activities and Human Resource management. In addition, she co-manages AHBs high level networking events, business delegation trips and (international) engagements.
Puja worked as the Executive Coordinator of Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF) and Citi Bank before joining AHB.
• Diploma in Business Management and Administration from the College of Professional Management, Nairobi, Kenya
• Communications in Business and Management and Computers in Modern Management from the College of Professional Management, Nairobi, Kenya.
Languages: English, Kiswahili, Gujarati and Hindi
Simon Mburu has a cumulative experience of over 20 years in financial management, donor reporting, operations, logistics, procurement, budgets and budgetary management, human resources, and general administration. Over the years he has supported different institutions in these roles at SMT level. including several years of experience in preparation and reviewing of request for proposal (RFP) budgets from different sponsors and projects.
• Certificate in Leadership and Management in Health from University of Washington (USA)
• Certificate Course in Bioethics and Research Ethics from the University of Nairobi/KNH (Kenya)
• MBA in International Business from the United States International University (USIU) (Kenya)
• Certified Public Accountant from the Institute of Certified Public Accounts of Kenya (Kenya)
• Certificate in Management, Finance and Logistics from the International Management Development Programme in collaboration with Havard Business Publishing. (Thailand)
• Bachelors of Finance from the United States International University (USIU) (Kenya)
• USAID training from CPM Maryland USA (Kenya)
Languages: English, Swahili