The Head of Consultancy is responsible for the partner and client management for all AHBs partners under the AHB Consultancy Department. This means that he/she supports the company in the management of identifying, attracting and retaining key potential clients, partners and projects under the Consultancy Department that can help drive the quality output and growth of the company.
Focusses on private health sector project implementation and research activities in relation to the below areas:
• Africa Focus • Market access and implementation • Health ecosystem enabler
• Stakeholder engagement
Currently, the AHB Consulting team is consists of six multi-disciplinary professionals that are, on a fulltime basis, working on a variety of projects and clients. The focus of the work is private health sector strengthening via the provision of market assessments, strategies and advisory in addition to a multitude of project implementation activities that support our clients to scale and positively contribute to improved health in Africa. In addition to our fulltime team members, the consultancy team works with parttime associate senior consultants that are assigned to specific projects for a specified amount of time; they are spread all over the African continent. As the Head of Consultancy your role will be to manage both the permanent AHB team members inhouse as well as the AHB associate senior consultants remotely.
The Head of Consultancy is responsible for the below activities and duties:
• Leading and strengthening the capacity and skill of team members that work under the AHB Consultancy department; in close collaboration with other Departments.
• Human resources management in terms of approving leave days, timesheets, monitoring sick days and other HR matters that might impact the workflow.
• Leading the bi-annual appraisal meetings and tracking progress
• When need arises. identify new potential hires under the department: manage the hiring and selection process with final approval from the Managing Director.
Client Relationships and Management
• Act as the key management focal point for the project clients in conjunction with the project manager(s), project associates and other staff and be aware of the progress. successes. bottlenecks and challenges of the projects.
• Lead the client facing inception and close-out meetings for projects under Consultancy department.
• Lead the development of the project workplan with clear roles. responsibilities and timelines per team member involved.
• Foresee and mitigate project management risks: provide solutions to the project management team in case challenges arise and scale-up gaps or issues to the Managing Director.
• Undertake project management tasks as pre-determined or in case the need arises (for example: desk-based research. interviews, analytical review of data. report writing, presentation preparation. meeting preparation and facilitation etc.).
• Ensuring and supporting the deliverance of quality services and products in a timely manner to the client.
Strategic and Process Management
• Implementing and following the operationalization of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) process of the project management cycle at the company:
• Ensuring the implementation of project operation’s strategic objectives and activities as set out by the Steering Committee. Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
• Financial progress tracking and mitigating predictable risks.
• Reporting relevant successes, challenges and ongoings of the team to the Managing Director.
Being a Member of the AHB Executive Committee
• Active participation in quarterly meetings with the AHB senior leadership team.
• Provide content input and suggestions in the overall strategic discussions of the company.
• Master’s degree in business management, social sciences, health organizational sciences, public sciences or comparable relevant professional work experience that can attribute to sufficient knowledge, expertise, and skills to undertake the tasks.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in health, business management, social sciences, organizational sciences, public health sciences or other relevant field.
• Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in relation to the private (health) sector in Africa and strong experience in leading and building teams.
• Previous experience in project management, project consulting and/or advisory in the African healthcare context.
• Knowledge and experience in the field of project operations, private sector engagement in health with a focus on Africa;
• Ability to communicate in French is considered a plus.
• Self-starter attitude, mature, excellent writing and communication skills, strong leadership and management skills, adaptable and flexible management style, solution-oriented, excited to train and grow others and an open-minded collaborative working style.
• The location of the AHB Offices is in Nairobi, Kenya and the position will be based here.
• Professionals with African nationality are encouraged to apply.
Do you meet the above qualifications, and do you believe a position as Head of Consultancy at AHB would be a good fit for you? Please fill in the application form below – including a motivation letter plus CV (max. 2 pages).
NB. If your application does not include a motivation letter or CV, we are not able to consider your application.
Please send your application before Wednesday 15th November 2023 latest. Suitable applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis. If you have not been contacted by 1st December 2023, you may assume that your application will not move to the next phase.